Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) in collaboration with United Nations-Asian Pacific Centre for Transfer of Technology (UN-APCTT) had established Technology Bureau for Small Enterprises (TBSE) to bring synergy between Technology and Finance for SME sector. With the opening up of economy the technology needs of this sector have started assuming greater importance. TBSE scales of operations have, therefore, been widened and deepened by the incorporation of 'India SME Technology Services Ltd. (ISTSL)'.
The shareholders of the company are Small Industries Development Bank of India, State Bank of India, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Indian Overseas Bank and Indian Bank.
To render professional services for technology transfer and attendant support services in order to enhance market competitiveness of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and promote sustainable development.
- To maintain and provide data base on technology options available from different sources / countries.
- To provide Micro Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) information on sources of technology and means of accessing them.
- To provide background information on technology seeking enterprises to technology suppliers and collaborators.
- To identify business partners willing to collaborate and extend support to tie up financial assistance and other requirements such as drafting agreements, obtaining various approvals and preparation of business plans required for transfer of technology.
- To provides finance syndication through banks and financial institutions.